Students must join a course and section, as usual, in order to see their assignments in Schoology. Then they should do the following:
1. Log into Schoology (Note: If students are using iPads they should use Safari or Chrome and go to https://app.schoology.com/login. They should NOT use the Schoology iPad app.)
2. Click "Course Dashboard" then click on their class.
3. Next, students should click on the Writable assignment they'll see listed there.
4. Students will be prompted to connect to a Google/Gmail account. Connecting to Google allows students to work in embedded Google Docs. This step is not necessary, however. Students click "Not right now" to skip this step.
5. Then click "I'm sure, skip this step."
6. Next, students will see their Writable assignment Dashboard and will need to click "Write" to begin reading and/or writing.
7. Finally, students can read assigned texts on the left side of the screen and see the prompt on the right, along with the text box where they will write their submissions. If no reading is assigned, they'll see the prompt and the checklist/rubric.