You can check for plagiarism in students' work with Originality Check. (What is Originality Check?) Once that feature has been enabled for your account, you can do the following:
1. Make sure you've enabled Originality Check for your class. At this time, you need to enable it for your class (using the instructions here) in order to run an Originality Check on work submitted by students.
2. Once students have begun submitting their work, find the assignment they're working in "My Assignments". Click “Manage and Grade” or (if you’ve assigned it to more than one class) click the name of the class you’d like to focus on.
2. Click “Grade Submissions” on your dashboard if you’d like to go through all submitted work…
or scroll down and find your student roster, then click “Writing Completion” to look at a specific student.
3. Once you’re looking at a student’s submission, click “Originality Check” in the top right.
4. Your Originality check report will highlight the parts of the student’s writing that could be plagiarized from a source. It will also generate a percentage for overall similarity and will list the sources that were likely used.
5. You can print the Originality Check report by clicking the printer icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
Note: Originality Check is currently available for middle school and high school teachers. All teachers and students who use it will need to accept Turnitin's End-User License Agreement (read it here). If you don’t see the “Originality Check” button as you grade student work, you may need to have it turned on for your account. To check if your account qualifies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Writable sales rep.