Shared assessments in Writable allow a school or district administrator to create and share an assessment with teachers in their school/district. These assessments have a couple of features that make them different from other shared assignments in the app and can help streamline the assessment process:
- Shared assessments can only be edited by the owner: This ensures all teachers are using the appropriate content/rubrics. It also prevents version control issues that arise when administrators want to make changes to an assessment that’s already been shared.
- Administrators can enable Team Grade: Enabling Team Grade will automatically setup a shared grading project. All of the teachers who assign the assessment will randomly be assigned papers to grade.
To setup a shared assessment, make sure you’re an administrator for your school or district Writable license. Then, do the following:
2. Find your assessments under “My Assignments.”
3. Click the hamburger menu in the top right of the assignment tile.
4. Click “Create Assessment.”
5. Click on the blue arrow of the "Create Assessment" screen to expand the teacher roster and select the teachers you want to share the assignment with. Click “Select All” to share with all of the teachers on your license.
6. Click “Create.”
7. Now, your shared assessments will be listed under a new section of your dashboard, “School and District Assessments.” This is also where the teachers you've shared the assessment with will find it in their accounts.
8. On the left side of your assignment tile, you’ll see 5 links that you can use to keep track of the assessment throughout the process:
- Progress Check: See how many teachers have assigned the assessment, how many classes and students they’ve assigned it to, and what percent have completed the assessment.
- View Report: See how students are performing across all classes, by teacher, or by individual student. You can also sort your data by standard, skill, or category. (Read more about Reports here.)
- Team Grade: See how teachers are grading and how many submissions have been graded. (Read more about Team Grade here.)
- Update Assessment: Click the blue pencil icon to add teachers to the shared assessment or remove them
- Copy Invite Link: Send a link to other teachers or admins on your team via email.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about setting up a school or district assessment in Writable. Note: If you’re not sure you’ve set up your assessments correctly, we can help you with that but please reach out before students begin to work on them, otherwise changes may not be possible.