You can model peer review in Writable with any model text or essay you use in class.
1. Find an assignment in Explore that will work for your model text or essay, then copy it to “My Assignments”.
2. From my assignments, click “Edit” on the tile of the assignment you'd like to add the model to.
3. Make any edits you need to make to the assignment instructions or the checklist/rubric. When you're ready, click “Manage Prompts”.
4. Find a prompt that will fit your model and click “Copy & Select for Students”. If no prompt fits your model, just click “New Prompt” in the upper right corner to make one.
5. Scroll up to find your prompt and click “Create Model”.
6. Copy and paste your text into the text box, when you've finished click “Submit”.
7. Click “OK” …
8. then click “OK” again.
9. Complete a review of your model. Use the checklist/rubric on the right side and select the appropriate scores. These are the scores that will be used as an “answer key” for student reviews. When you're finished, click “Submit”.
10. Return to “My Assignments” and click “Assign” on the assignment tile, and then “Assign” next to the class that you want to complete the assignment.
Your students are now ready to review the model. Just have them log into the app, click on the assignment tile, and then click "Review". They will see the same model and checklist.
Students will receive immediate feedback on whether their review matched yours. You can then walk through the correct answers to the review.
Finally, you can also search under Guided Activities to see what is already available in the app. Note: Expect more guided activities to be added throughout the year.