You can edit any assignment in Writable to better suit your students’ needs. Assignment instructions, prompts, and rubrics can all be edited or completely replaced. If you'd like to create an assignment from scratch, please see How do I create an assignment?)
1. First, find an existing assignment that you want to use with students and make sure you’ve copied it to “My Assignments”.
2. Click “My Assignments” and find the assignment you’d like to edit. (Note: Only "inactive" assignments can be edited.)
3. Click "Edit" in the assignment tile.
4. Now, you’ll be able to edit the assignment details by clicking on the blue pencils.
5. Click on the drop-down menu after "Students must complete" to set the number of prompts students must respond to in order to complete the assignment.
6. Click "Manage Prompts" to select prompts from our bank by clicking "Copy & Select for Students" or create your own.
7. Click drop-down menu after "Score using" to determine whether the rubric items should be scored as percentages or on a scale of 1-4.
8. If you decide to edit a rubric item, you'll need to edit the text in the "Writer", "Reviewer", and star sections to make sure the language is consistent.
Important Note: If you want to change the entire scoring of a rubric item or you have a specific rubric you want to use, you should consider importing your own rubrics.