You can edit any assignment in Writable to better suit your students’ needs. Assignment instructions, prompts, and rubrics can all be edited or completely replaced. If you'd like to create an assignment from scratch, please see How do I create an assignment?)
1. First, find an existing assignment that you want to use with students and make sure you’ve copied it to “My Assignments”.
2. Click “My Assignments” and find the assignment you’d like to edit. (Note: Only "inactive" assignments can be edited.)
3. Click "Edit" in the assignment tile.
4. Now, you’ll be able to edit the assignment details by clicking on the pencils..
or the plus signs, "x", or arrow symbols.
Important Note: You can use the up and down arrows on each rubric item to reposition it in the rubric, or click "x" to delete them. Please see How do I edit rubrics? or How do I create my own rubric? for more detailed information on editing rubrics.
5. Click the "Prompt text will appear here..." button to select prompts from our bank.
You can also click "Hide from Students" to un-select a prompt, or "Delete prompt" to remove a prompt permanently.
6. Click "Done" to exit out of prompt editing.
7. Finally, click "Assignment Settings" to expand the sections. Here, you can click the drop-down menu after "Students must complete:" to set how many prompts students must respond to in order to complete an assignment.
The drop-down after "Score using" determines whether the rubric items should be scored as percentages or on a scale of 1-4.