Students can write in a Google doc embedded in their Writable assignment. Anytime you ask students to write in a Google doc, a new doc will be created in their Google Docs account so that students can access their writing both inside the app and via Google Docs.
(Using Writable with HMH Collections? Click here for more information on connecting student accounts to Google.)
1. When you are ready to assign, click “My Assignments” and find the assignment you want students to complete.
2. Click the “Assign” button in the upper right corner of the assignment tile.
3. Find the class you like to assign to and click “Assign”.
4. If you’re using writable with Google Classroom, you’ll see that the box next to “Students write in a Google Doc” is already checked off.
5. If you just have students logging in with Google accounts, you'll need to check the box next to “Students write in a Google doc” before you click “Assign”.
6. Now when students log in, they will be able to write in an embedded Google doc and use the toolbar while still accessing all of the scaffolding and rubrics available in the app.