If you're using an assignment without an attached Google Doc, your students will see the "Export to Google Docs" button in the top right corner of their writing screen.
If you're using an assignment with an attached Google Doc, the students can click "Enlarge" to see the Google Doc full-screen inside Writable (see Can my students write in a Google Doc?).
To export writing to Google Docs, students should:
1. Log into Writable and click on the assignment they want to export from.
2. Click the “Continue Writing” button on the prompt they were writing for.
3. Click the “Write” button on their dashboards.
4. The “Export to Google Docs” button will become active and clickable once a student has written something.
5. Click “Export to Google Docs”, then “Create a New Google Doc”.
6. Finally, click “View this Google Doc” to see the new doc with their writing from Writable.
When students look at their Google Docs or in Google Drive, they will see a series of documents, each with its own date stamp so students can find the right version before they submit or share. Documents exported from Writable will have a title in the format "Writable – Assignment Title – Date" but they can be renamed.