The best way to track student growth over time is to use the Writable growth dashboard in the app. This works best if your students have completed more than one assignment in Writable.
We also recommend that the assignments being compared are in the same genre. This will ensure that you're comparing performances across the same skills and CCSS standards.
1. Go to your dashboard and click "Report" in the navigation bar at the top.
2. Click "All Genres" and select the genre for the assignments that you would like to compare.
3. Click "Select..." and choose the first assignment in the comparison (Note: This assignment should be the one completed by students earlier in the year).
4. Click the second "Select..." and choose the second assignment you want to compare the first to (Note: This assignment should have been completed after the first).
5. Click on "Category", "Skill", or "Standard" to see average writing scores by category, skill, or standard.
6. Click "Checklist" to compare average checklist scores for the class across both assignments.
7. Click "Students" to see each student's scores for each assignment side by side (Note: The percentages will tell you if there was an increase or decrease in scores from the first assignment to the second).
This report includes scores received from peer reviewers. However, if you've been grading almost all student work, you can exclude peer review scores by unchecking the box at the top of the report next to "Include Peer Scores".
This will ensure that the only scores you are comparing are the ones that you have given students across both assignments.