Students can’t print directly from Writable at this time, however they can export their work to a Google Doc where they can save it, continue to work on it, or print it. To export writing to Google docs, students should:
1. Log into Writable and click on the assignment they want to export from
2. Click the “Continue Writing” button on the prompt they were writing for
3. Click the “Write” button on their dashboards
4. The “Export to Google Docs” button will become active and clickable once a student has written something
5. Click “Export to Google Docs”, then “Create a New Google Doc”
6. Finally, click “View this Google Doc” to see the new doc with their writing from Writable
When students look at their Google Docs or in Google Drive, they will see a series of documents, each with its own date stamp so students can find the right version before they submit or share. Documents exported from Writable will have a title in the format "Writable – Assignment Title – Date" but they can be re-named.
1. Occasionally Google may require Writable to have students sign in again. When that happens, the student will be told they are redirecting. They will need to sign into Google again, but they can then continue where they left off with their new Google Doc.
2. Writing only goes ONE WAY – from Writable to Google. Student's edits in Google do not come back into Writable. Students should try to make all of their edits in Writable, then export to Google. If students continue to edit in Google Docs, that's OK! They can copy and paste back into Writable and repeat the process as necessary.