Yes! If your district or school provides rubrics for you to use with students, you can import them into Writable and use them in templates. You will likely need to do some adaptation, but once it’s done, they will stay in your rubric bank and be available for any assignment. We developed our rubric builder in Google Sheets to make it easy to share your rubrics with colleagues in your school or district.
To import your own rubrics, start by exporting our rubric builder in Google Sheets from an assignment that’s close to the one you’d like to assign. (How do I browse and choose templates?)
1. Click "Add/Edit Rubric" from inside the assignment template to open the Rubric Bank.
2. Click "Rubric Builder" and then click "Export Rubrics".
3. Click "Launch Rubric Builder" link This will create a Google Sheet in your Google-authenticated account, titled "Writable -- Assignment name".
3. You are now looking at that goal’s rubrics in the Writable rubric builder, all in a Google Sheet. (Check out How do I fill out the Rubric Builder? for a step-by-step guide and filling it out.)
4. Once you are ready, click "Import rubrics".
5. You may get some error messages, alerting you to the rows to fix. Just update the Google Sheet and click "Import" again
6. Now you will see your successful rubrics in "My Rubric Bank" and you can click "Add to Goal" to put them into the writing assignment.
7. Delete rubrics once you add them to a goal, or delete them from "My Rubric Bank" anytime.