You can search through a bank of informational, argumentative, and narrative Writable assignments to find something appropriate for your class and purpose.
1. Log into Writable and click on “Explore”.
2. You’ll see a set of filters on the left-hand side of the screen. Your grade level will already be selected but you can change it if you’d like different options.
3. Next, under “Writing Genre”, check the box next to the genre of writing you’re interested in.
4. Check the box next to any Skills or Collections you want to focus on.
5. By default, you’ll be able to see “All Assignments” that fall within the parameters you’ve selected, but you can drill down further by clicking on the assignment types above the assignment tiles. (For a more detailed breakdown of what these types are, please see What types of assignments are available in Writable?)
6. Find an assignment that you might want to use with your class and click “Assignment Details” on the tile.
7. Click “Preview as Student” to see the assignment as a student or click “Copy to My Assignments” to save the assignment for later editing.
You can preview as many assignments as you want without copying them to “My Assignments” but you will need to copy an assignment before you can customize it. (Please see the Customize Assignments section for more details on editing assignments.)